Monday, January 25, 2010

I learned that one must obtain sources legitimately before Fair Use can take place, which is something I hadn't realized before. I think teachers need to be aware of copyright laws in order to use what they can to their full advantage while being fair to and protecting authors/artists and their work. In addition, students will be watching how their teachers use material and how they distribute it. If they see copyright laws violated, they will be under the impression that they don't matter. This attitude can carry over into high school, college, and the work place, where they could find themselves in some very sticky situations if they choose to disregard these laws like their teachers did. (I took the quiz... I don't know if we had to post that or not...)

No comments:

Post a Comment